Recipe: Quick Quesadillas
Crispy on the outside, oozingly melted on the inside. My Quick Quesadillas are the perfect speedy supper for the kids or tasty snack for.. well, just for when you fancy a tasty snack…
I don’t know about you, but I really struggle to come up with variety when feeding my children. I know what they like and sometimes it’s just easier to stick with that! These quesadillas were a wonderful discovery when I realised that my eldest was on his third day in a row of ham sandwiches for lunch and that maybe I ought to mix it up a bit!
I love these because they really taste like a treat. Jacob is always super excited when I serve them (and I mean super excited – on the same par as takeaway pizza excited!) The absolute bonus is that they take just minutes to put together. They don’t even create washing up (unless you’re a stickler). I use a dry frying pan to heat them through and I usually find that with a quick wipe with some kitchen roll, it’s fine to go straight back in the cupboard – no muss, no fuss.
My recipe shows a couple of options for fillings but obviously there are abundant variations you can try. Here are just a few equally quick and easy ones…
sliced tomato, basil leaves & mozzarella
cooked, shredded chicken, sweetcorn & Cheddar
A layer of chilli con carne, a layer of greek yoghurt and grated Cheddar
So, without further ado, I introduce to you a revolution in lunchtime yummies…
Chorizo & Cheese or Tuna & Cheese
You will need:
1 tortilla wrap
1 handful of grated Cheddar
1 handful grated Mozzarella*
3 slices of Chorizo OR 2 tsb tinned tuna
- Heat up a dry frying pan and then add your wrap.
- Heat the wrap on one side for 1 minute and then flip it over.
- Cover one half of the wrap with half of your grated cheese.
- Spread over your chorizo slices or tuna on top.
- Now put the rest of the cheese over the chorizo.
- Now fold over the uncovered half of the wrap to cover your filling and pat it down gently with a spatula.
- Leave for 1 minute to heat through and then flip over for another minute.
- Now remove from the pan and slice into triangles.
*feel free to just use one of these cheeses if you don’t have both to hand – it’s still super tasty 🙂
Please do get in touch in the comment section below to let me know what your favourite fillings are!