Recipe: Choc Chip Marshmallow Cookies
Sweet, fluffy marshmallow & little bursts of chocolate in cookies which are crunchy on the outside and gooey on the inside…
I’ve got to admit, I didn’t realise until recently, just how easy cookies are to make! It’s as quick to whip up a batch of homemade ones as it is to drive to the supermarket to buy them.
An added bonus is that you can experiment with wild and wacky variations that you might not normally see in the shops. My little boy is a big fan of marshmallows in his hot chocolate so we always have a bag of the mini ones in the cupboard. One day, I decided to take his favourite drink and transform it into cookie form…and so my Choc Chip Marshmallow Cookies were born…
Choc Chip Marshmallow Cookies
You will need:
150 g butter (room temperature)
80 g dark brown sugar
80 g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
225 g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
100 g chocolate chips
100 g mini marshmallows
- Line a couple of baking trays with greaseproof paper
- Put the oven on to 180 c (fan)
- Mix your butter and sugars together (easiest if you have a mixer but can be done by hand). Make sure your butter is at room temperature!
- Once all mixed until smooth, add your vanilla extract and egg and continue to mix
- Sieve the flour, bicarb and salt into the bowl and gently mix in
- Lastly, add in your choc chips and marshmallows and gently mix again
- Using a couple of teaspoons (or an ice cream scoop if you have one), place the dough on the baking trays in little balls (about the size of a large walnut)
- Bake for 8-10 mins – they will seem quite soft and gooey when they come out – don’t panic! Leave to cool slightly for a few mins and then transfer carefully to a wire tray. They will harden more as they cool but retain their gooey centre! YUM!